According to the U.S. Department of Energy’s Energy Star program, leaky ducts in attics or crawlspaces can account for 20% or more of a home’s heating and cooling energy losses. This results in higher utility bills and difficulty keeping your house comfortable.
Here are a few signs that you may have leaky ducts:
- High summer and winter utility bills
- Rooms that are difficult to heat and cool
- Stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable
- Ducts are located in an attic, crawlspace, or the garage
- Tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system
What Can Be Done About Leaky Ducts?
Run your system and check all the ducts and joints that you can access. You can seal these up yourself with mastic or foil-backed tape. You should also seal around where the duct meets the wall. Duct tape is actually not recommended for duct work and any fabric backed tape will deteriorate over time.
Air Duct Insulation
We recommend insulating your ducts. This insures that the air maintains the correct temperature as it travels to the living spaces in your home.
Air Duct Testing
You can have your ducts tested. One of our certified technicians will take a reading of the air pressure in your ducts and can analyze how much air is being lost. From there we can make suggestions for how to improve efficiency.
Air Duct Cleaning
Get rid of the allergens and contaminants from your HVAC ducts. Professional duct cleaning by Williams Home Maintenance will improve the ventilation in your home.
No matter how much effort is spent on keeping your home clean, dust, animal dander, mold and mildew will accumulate in your HVAC ducts over time. Thorough air duct cleaning by experienced professionals will result in improved Indoor Air Quality and ventilation.
Don’t compromise your family’s health. We use the latest cleaning procedures and equipment to ensure that your air ducts, both heating duct and air conditioning duct, are contaminant-free. When you contact us for your ductwork, you can breathe easy knowing that we stand behind the quality of our work.
Our experienced and qualified technicians use the advanced video-assisted ROTOBRUSH air duct cleaning system for a more environmentally friendly and healthy approach. This highly efficient cleaning method brushes and vacuums at the point of contact eliminating the use of harsh chemicals, such as sealers. Your 100% clean HVAC ducts will guarantee superior ventilation.
How is Our Air Duct Cleaning More Effective?
- Removes cooking oil film, nicotine film and other dust-collecting substances from register covers.
- Deep cleans the source of the air supply including (where applicable) the blower, squirrel cage, coils, condensation pan and return air supply.
- Brush vacuums the air ducts, both the heat duct and air conditioning duct, with our exclusive, patented ROTOBRUSH to rid them of the contaminants that circulate through the system.
- Sanitizes your air duct system and vents with an environmentally safe sanitizer commonly used in hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, leaving behind a fresh scent.
Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality, or IAQ, is very important to the health and well being of you and your family. The cleanliness of your air ducts directly affects the quality of your home’s air.
Need Air Duct Service?
Contact the ductwork experts at Williams Home Maintenance!